Short-lived Climate pollutants Inventory officer at CAN (Part Time position)
Do you want to work with a team of climate specialists charting our efforts to reduce climate changing emissions in Jordan? If “yes”, you may be interested in the Jordan – Deliver Policy Analysis And Recommendations On SLCP Mitigation project. The principal strategic priorities and goals that relate to support Jordan’s Ministry of Environment in identifying priority SLCP mitigation measures to be included in Jordan’s revised Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC).
What you will do:
- Assist CAN staff in the preparation and development of the overall design, planning, and implementation of the SLCPs Inventory Unit, and SLCPs emissions estimates.
- Develop a protocol for updating and developing the SLCPs emissions for the Jordanian
- Serve as CAN representative and subject matter expert in internal and external processes involving SLCPs emission inventories.
- Manage the development and reporting of specific SLCPs emission inventories, adhering to statutory deadlines.
- Estimate and track SLCPs pollutant emissions and identify co-benefits of SLCPs emissions reductions.
- BSc. or Master’s Degree in Engineer, Environment, Climate Change or a related subject
- Substantial experience in the methodologies for preparing inventories and familiarity with the IPCC Inventory reports.
- Substantial experience in computer software and familiarity with the LEAP Inventory reports.
- At least 2 years of experience in climate change and inventories
- Working knowledge of English
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered, please submit an application as soon as possible.